Picking up The Shards
Publisher: Veritas Publications
Click and Collect - Free
Click & Collect is available across Ireland and Northern Ireland in our Veritas stores. We will contact you when your item(s) are ready for collection. Please visit your branch after you receive contact from us that your items are available to collect. The order will be ready for you within 2-5 working days, subject to opening hours, order volumes, if the item is in stock and time order is placed.
Standard Express Delivery
Complimentary shipping within Ireland & Northern of Ireland is available on orders over €50, delivery fees will be added according to the area of delivery, as described below:
|Country Zone||Under €50||Over €50||TimeFrame|
|Ireland||€4.99||Free!||3-7 working days|
|Northern Ireland||€4.99||Free!||3-7 working days|
|UK||€12.00||€15.00||3-7 working days|
|Europe||€17.00||€25.00||3-7 working days|
|USA & Canada||€35.00||€50.00||7-14 working days|
|Rest of the World||€50.00||€50.00||7-21 working days|
|Country Zone||Under €500||Above €500||TimeFrame|
|Ireland||€6.00||Free!||3-7 working days|
|Northern Ireland||€6.00||Free!||3-7 working days|
|UK||€12.00||Free!||3-7 working days|
• These time frames are a guide and shipping times may vary, especially at busy periods.
• Please allow a few days leeway for personalised products or pre-orders.
• We are aware of some shipping delays throughout Europe and the USA caused by unforcing circusntances or territorial border control restrictions. This is out of our control. Please allow a few days leeway for your delivery.
• Subject to placing your order before 12:30pm. Does not apply to pre-ordered items.
• Check on our Delivery Policy page, the delivery areas. We do not deliver to Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.
• The shipping cost will depend on the weight of your order and this will be calculated at checkout.
In Picking up the Shards, Donal Murray reflects on what complete secularisation means for a society detached from Gospel values, explaining how the message of Jesus and the mission of the Church have rebuilt and renewed what seemed lost and can do so again.
Picking up the Shards offers a thoughtful and sobering analysis of our modern, ‘post-truth’ society and highlights the various areas we need to revisit and rebuild, from social media and ‘uniformity of thought’ to the growing need to care for our planet, to our individualist, consumerist economy and the isolation it breeds.
Donal Murray considers each of these subjects in light of Pope Francis’ teachings, setting forth alternative viewpoints on how we can all contribute to the rebuilding of a fairer, more just society, and offering hope for a brighter future.
About the Author:
Bishop Donal Murray lectured in moral theology in Mater Dei Institute and in Holy Cross College from 1969–82. He was auxiliary bishop of Dublin from 1982-96 and bishop of Limerick until 2009. He is now retired. His books for Veritas include: In A Landscape Redrawn; Morality, Conscience and Health Care; and Where the Heart Is.