Working at Veritas
At Veritas, everything we do is about our readers, our customers and our writers. We strive to consistently deliver fantastic customer service, whether recommending a book or a gift, keeping our shops beautifully stocked, or keeping the wheels turning efficiently behind the scene. Working with us, you will get to use your expertise and enthusiasm to bring to our customers the irreplaceable pleasures of a good religious book and gift shop (including a virtual one). So if you are friendly and flexible*, and you think you have what it takes, click the links below.
Retail Manager - Limerick
Veritas is Ireland’s leading religious publisher, with a nationwide retail network, as well as a significant distribution business. We are now seeking applications for the position of Retail Store Manager, to oversee operations at our new Limerick store, opening in August on O’Connell Street.
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Sales & Marketing and play a pivotal role in driving high performance and developing a service-orientated culture within the store. The ideal applicant will be driven, energetic, genuine and passionate, with the ability to lead a team and support the future direction of the store. As the Store Manager you will be actively involved in recruiting, motivating and developing a team of highly trained colleagues to drive sales and achieve store targets. You will also play a key role in adapting and applying clear practices and procedures across the store from logistics, administration, stock management and customer service to cash management.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Delivering outstanding customer experience;
• Promoting the brand;
• Managing budgets and minimising costs;
• Delivering results against measured KPIs;
• Commercially focused, delivering operational standards;
• Leading, inspiring and developing your team.
• Analyse performance, implementing solutions for improvement where necessary; • Responsibility for financial management of the store budget;
• Convening and reporting to the Head of Sales & Marketing;
• Ensuring that the company brand guidelines are adhered to.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Experience overseeing a retail store or similar role;
• Comprehensive understanding of running a retail unit;
• Strong communication and analytical skills;
• Experience in dealing with external suppliers/agencies;
• Ability to work closely with their Line Manager, seeking guidance on issues, etc.; however, the relationship is one of support and guidance, rather than day-to-day direction or supervision of work;
• Driven and flexible individual that thrives in a retail environment;
• Strong leadership and people-management skills with the ability to drive sales through your team.
Please apply by email, with CV, to Mark Howard, Head of Sales & Marketing • Send Email