Of Limerick: Saints and Seekers
Size: 215 mm x 138 mm
Publisher: Veritas Publications
Click and Collect - Free
Click & Collect is available across Ireland and Northern Ireland in our Veritas stores. We will contact you when your item(s) are ready for collection. Please visit your branch after you receive contact from us that your items are available to collect. The order will be ready for you within 2-5 working days, subject to opening hours, order volumes, if the item is in stock and time order is placed.
Standard Express Delivery
Complimentary shipping within Ireland & Northern of Ireland is available on orders over €50, delivery fees will be added according to the area of delivery, as described below:
|Country Zone||Under €50||Over €50||TimeFrame|
|Ireland||€4.99||Free!||3-7 working days|
|Northern Ireland||€4.99||Free!||3-7 working days|
|UK||€12.00||€15.00||3-7 working days|
|Europe||€17.00||€25.00||3-7 working days|
|USA & Canada||€35.00||€50.00||7-14 working days|
|Rest of the World||€50.00||€50.00||7-21 working days|
|Country Zone||Under €500||Above €500||TimeFrame|
|Ireland||€6.00||Free!||3-7 working days|
|Northern Ireland||€6.00||Free!||3-7 working days|
|UK||€12.00||Free!||3-7 working days|
• Click and collect orders are "free" as there is no shipping involved.
• If the order after discount is applied is below €50 or €500 (trade or School orders), shipping will be charged.
• EUA, Canada and Rest of the World shipping charges are for parcels with maximum weight of 2kg.
• These time frames are a guide and shipping times may vary, especially at busy periods.
• Please allow a few days leeway for personalised products or pre-orders.
• We are aware of some shipping delays throughout Europe and the USA caused by unforcing circusntances or territorial border control restrictions. This is out of our control. Please allow a few days leeway for your delivery.
• Subject to placing your order before 12:30pm. Does not apply to pre-ordered items.
• Check on our Delivery Policy page, the delivery areas. We do not deliver to Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.
*Expected Early September*
About the book:
In Of Limerick Saints and Seekers we journey through a millennium and a half of Limerick history with scholars and scribes, poets and preachers, martyrs and missionaries, and founders of churches and religious communities. Drawing from early Ireland to present day, this collection of stories details the lives of extraordinary people from a variety of faith traditions and perspectives, from well-known saints to unknown and unsung religious and lay people, including figures such as St Íte, foster mother of the saints; Gille, Limerick’s first bishop; the medieval Askeaton Madonna; Terence Albert O’Brien, bishop of Emly; Sikh scholar Max Arthur MacAuliffe and Anglican nun Sr Mary Clare Whitty, martyred in Korea.
With fascinating contributions from the modern-day people of Limerick – academics, archaeologists, archivists, bishops, poets, pastors and theologians – this book illuminates the diverse richness of Limerick’s story by highlighting the saints and seekers who have shaped its history.
About the Author
David Bracken, Limerick diocesan archivist, is rooted in the heart of Limerick city, where he lives with his wife and five children. He edited The End of All Things Earthly: Faith Profiles of the 1916 Leaders (Veritas, 2016).