Into the Deep
Publisher: Veritas Publications
Click and Collect - Free
Click & Collect is available across Ireland and Northern Ireland in our Veritas stores. We will contact you when your item(s) are ready for collection. Please visit your branch after you receive contact from us that your items are available to collect. The order will be ready for you within 2-5 working days, subject to opening hours, order volumes, if the item is in stock and time order is placed.
Standard Express Delivery
Complimentary shipping within Ireland & Northern of Ireland is available on orders over €50, delivery fees will be added according to the area of delivery, as described below:
|Country Zone||Under €50||Over €50||TimeFrame|
|Ireland||€4.99||Free!||3-7 working days|
|Northern Ireland||€4.99||Free!||3-7 working days|
|UK||€12.00||€15.00||3-7 working days|
|Europe||€17.00||€25.00||3-7 working days|
|USA & Canada||€35.00||€50.00||7-14 working days|
|Rest of the World||€50.00||€50.00||7-21 working days|
|Country Zone||Under €500||Above €500||TimeFrame|
|Ireland||€6.00||Free!||3-7 working days|
|Northern Ireland||€6.00||Free!||3-7 working days|
|UK||€12.00||Free!||3-7 working days|
• These time frames are a guide and shipping times may vary, especially at busy periods.
• Please allow a few days leeway for personalised products or pre-orders.
• We are aware of some shipping delays throughout Europe and the USA caused by unforcing circusntances or territorial border control restrictions. This is out of our control. Please allow a few days leeway for your delivery.
• Subject to placing your order before 12:30pm. Does not apply to pre-ordered items.
• Check on our Delivery Policy page, the delivery areas. We do not deliver to Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.
• The shipping cost will depend on the weight of your order and this will be calculated at checkout.
The section on Images of God reflects on the stereotypical images of God and invites critical reflection. The text suggests that an engaging, dynamic and abundant image of God can have a powerful influence on how we understand ourselves, the world around us and our personal world-view. Into the Deep utilises the power of narrative and the section on Story provides an entertaining guide to the power of story in culture, while opening students to the role and relevance of Sacred Scripture in their lives.
Ritual and Prayer forms a central part of Into the Deep. The section first investigates our understanding of the spiritual realm and later deals with the profound effect that prayer can have on our lives. This section looks at the transformative power of ritual in human life and pays particular attention to the phenomenon of Rites of Passage in primitive and popular culture. The final chapters on meditation offer a powerful case for the role of meditative practice in the context of prayer and sacrament in the lives of teenagers. Into
the Deep acknowledges the role of justice and in particular doing justice in the lives of teenagers. The section will provide for many lively and provocative discussions in Religious Education class.