Grow In Love In the Parish Leader Book
Publisher: Veritas Pulbications
Click and Collect - Free
Click & Collect is available across Ireland and Northern Ireland in our Veritas stores. We will contact you when your item(s) are ready for collection. Please visit your branch after you receive contact from us that your items are available to collect. The order will be ready for you within 2-5 working days, subject to opening hours, order volumes, if the item is in stock and time order is placed.
Standard Express Delivery
Complimentary shipping within Ireland & Northern of Ireland is available on orders over €50, delivery fees will be added according to the area of delivery, as described below:
|Country Zone||Under €50||Over €50||TimeFrame|
|Ireland||€6.50||Free!||3-7 working days|
|Northern Ireland||€6.50||Free!||3-7 working days|
|UK||€12.00||€15.00||3-7 working days|
|Europe||€17.00||€25.00||3-7 working days|
|USA & Canada||€35.00||€50.00||7-14 working days|
|Rest of the World||€50.00||€50.00||7-21 working days|
|Country Zone||Under €500||Above €500||TimeFrame|
|Ireland||€6.00||Free!||3-7 working days|
|Northern Ireland||€6.00||Free!||3-7 working days|
|UK||€12.00||Free!||3-7 working days|
• Click and collect orders are "free" as there is no shipping involved.
• If the order after discount is applied is below €50 or €500 (trade or School orders), shipping will be charged.
• EUA, Canada and Rest of the World shipping charges are for parcels with maximum weight of 2kg.
• These time frames are a guide and shipping times may vary, especially at busy periods.
• Please allow a few days leeway for personalised products or pre-orders.
• We are aware of some shipping delays throughout Europe and the USA caused by unforcing circusntances or territorial border control restrictions. This is out of our control. Please allow a few days leeway for your delivery.
• Subject to placing your order before 12:30pm. Does not apply to pre-ordered items.
• Check on our Delivery Policy page, the delivery areas. We do not deliver to Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.
A Bridge between Home,
School and Parish Communities
One of the pillars underpinning the Grow in Love series is the importance of providing concrete opportunities for families to engage in religious education together. By sending home a piece of work, a prayer and a topic to chat about each week, teachers provide parents/guardians and families with such support.
The Grow in Love series also seeks to reflect the fact that the children, their families and their school are part of a much larger community of faith, the parish community.
As the Grow in Love series became established in schools, and as reports of parents’/guardians’ willingness to engage in the At Home material were shared, it became apparent that a resource based on the Grow in Love programme for use in the parish context would complete the circle of home, school and parish working together to foster children’s faith and their sense of belonging to a faith community.
This resource provides that link for families during their child’s First Communion year. It has three main elements:
- A series of liturgically based initiatives
The aim of these is to help families with young children to feel a greater sense of belonging to the parish community, and to find their place in the ordinary Sunday Mass, both in the year of sacramental preparation and beyond.
- A series of newsletters: The newsletters are designed to run in parallel with the school-based Grow in Love programme, and to reinforce the concepts therein. It is envisaged that they would be distributed on a monthly basis to families. Ideally, this should be done in a parish context – for example, at a monthly family Mass.
- Speaking notes: Each month, speaking notes are offered for the priest, together with a sample Prayer of the Faithful. The speaking notes draw attention to the key features of the newsletter for that particular month, and the Prayer of the Faithful picks up on the theme for that month.
- The sacraments are events in the life of the Christian community, not just in the life of the individual. They are grace-filled moments for the community. Parish communities will therefore benefit from sharing responsibility and ownership for sacramental preparation and celebration with home and school.
We hope these newsletters will be a source of information and inspiration to parents/guardians, and will serve to strengthen the engagement of children and their families in the life of the Church.
For further information email: email@example.com