Code of Ethical Standards for Healthcare
Publisher: Veritas Publications
Click and Collect - Free
Click & Collect is available across Ireland and Northern Ireland in our Veritas stores. We will contact you when your item(s) are ready for collection. Please visit your branch after you receive contact from us that your items are available to collect. The order will be ready for you within 2-5 working days, subject to opening hours, order volumes, if the item is in stock and time order is placed.
Standard Express Delivery
Complimentary shipping within Ireland & Northern of Ireland is available on orders over €50, delivery fees will be added according to the area of delivery, as described below:
|Country Zone||Under €50||Over €50||TimeFrame|
|Ireland||€6.50||Free!||3-7 working days|
|Northern Ireland||€6.50||Free!||3-7 working days|
|UK||€12.00||€15.00||3-7 working days|
|Europe||€17.00||€25.00||3-7 working days|
|USA & Canada||€35.00||€50.00||7-14 working days|
|Rest of the World||€50.00||€50.00||7-21 working days|
|Country Zone||Under €500||Above €500||TimeFrame|
|Ireland||€6.00||Free!||3-7 working days|
|Northern Ireland||€6.00||Free!||3-7 working days|
|UK||€12.00||Free!||3-7 working days|
• Click and collect orders are "free" as there is no shipping involved.
• If the order after discount is applied is below €50 or €500 (trade or School orders), shipping will be charged.
• EUA, Canada and Rest of the World shipping charges are for parcels with maximum weight of 2kg.
• These time frames are a guide and shipping times may vary, especially at busy periods.
• Please allow a few days leeway for personalised products or pre-orders.
• We are aware of some shipping delays throughout Europe and the USA caused by unforcing circusntances or territorial border control restrictions. This is out of our control. Please allow a few days leeway for your delivery.
• Subject to placing your order before 12:30pm. Does not apply to pre-ordered items.
• Check on our Delivery Policy page, the delivery areas. We do not deliver to Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.
The starting point for ethical thinking is a coherent vision of the human person. With a strong awareness of healthcare as a relationship of trust between persons, this Code has been developed to assist those responsible for leading, managing and delivering the healing ministry. It seeks to show that there is no conflict between ethics at its best and most humane,on the one hand, and Catholic theological and moral teaching on the other.
• Explores the religious and rational basis of a culture which affirms life and healing – a concern of Catholics and non-Catholics alike - and which promotes the common good;
• Identifies the key ethical questions in healthcare and proposes answers in a language that can be understood by all;
• Offers insights into the application of Church Doctrine as well as EU directives and other relevant national legislation in the area of healthcare;
• Invites reflection on the meaning and significance of health and of healthcare, as well as the appropriate goals of medical interventions as understood in the Catholic tradition.