A Walking Tour Of Dublin Churches
Publisher: Veritas Publications
Click and Collect - Free
Click & Collect is available across Ireland and Northern Ireland in our Veritas stores. We will contact you when your item(s) are ready for collection. Please visit your branch after you receive contact from us that your items are available to collect. The order will be ready for you within 2-5 working days, subject to opening hours, order volumes, if the item is in stock and time order is placed.
Standard Express Delivery
Complimentary shipping within Ireland & Northern of Ireland is available on orders over €50, delivery fees will be added according to the area of delivery, as described below:
|Country Zone||Under €50||Over €50||TimeFrame|
|Ireland||€6.50||Free!||3-7 working days|
|Northern Ireland||€6.50||Free!||3-7 working days|
|UK||€12.00||€15.00||3-7 working days|
|Europe||€17.00||€25.00||3-7 working days|
|USA & Canada||€35.00||€50.00||7-14 working days|
|Rest of the World||€50.00||€50.00||7-21 working days|
|Country Zone||Under €500||Above €500||TimeFrame|
|Ireland||€6.00||Free!||3-7 working days|
|Northern Ireland||€6.00||Free!||3-7 working days|
|UK||€12.00||Free!||3-7 working days|
• Click and collect orders are "free" as there is no shipping involved.
• If the order after discount is applied is below €50 or €500 (trade or School orders), shipping will be charged.
• EUA, Canada and Rest of the World shipping charges are for parcels with maximum weight of 2kg.
• These time frames are a guide and shipping times may vary, especially at busy periods.
• Please allow a few days leeway for personalised products or pre-orders.
• We are aware of some shipping delays throughout Europe and the USA caused by unforcing circusntances or territorial border control restrictions. This is out of our control. Please allow a few days leeway for your delivery.
• Subject to placing your order before 12:30pm. Does not apply to pre-ordered items.
• Check on our Delivery Policy page, the delivery areas. We do not deliver to Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.
Ralph Waldo Emerson, Journals, 1833
The history of Dublin is written in the bricks of its churches. In this book, readers will discover the churches that are part of the very fabric of the city and testify to its rich spiritual and architectural heritage. From grand medieval structures to modest edifices built down back alleys during penal times, A Walking Tour of Dublin Churches takes in such iconic Dublin landmarks as Christ Church Cathedral and St Patrick’s Cathedral, alongside lesser known gems like the Church of Adam & Eve and the Rotunda Chapel.
The stories of these churches tell of invasion, repression, persecution and, above all, the enduring faith of the citizens of Dublin.
This beautiful illustrated book, which includes a numbered map of Dublin, is an invaluable reference guide for locals and tourists seeking a better understanding of the city and its rich Christian heritage.
ABOUT THE ILLUSTRATOR
Artist Liam C. Martin (1934-98) was a respected visual chronicler of Dublin city’s changing face. A student of Harry Kernoff and Seán Keating, Martin’s distinctive pen and ink drawings were a regular feature in the Irish Times, the Irish Independent and the Dublin Evening Mail. His column ‘Know Your Dublin’ appeared in the Evening Herald from 1967 until his death in 1998.