The Sign: Reading the Gospel of John
Publisher: Dominican Publications
Click and Collect - Free
Click & Collect is available across Ireland and Northern Ireland in our Veritas stores. We will contact you when your item(s) are ready for collection. Please visit your branch after you receive contact from us that your items are available to collect. The order will be ready for you within 2-5 working days, subject to opening hours, order volumes, if the item is in stock and time order is placed.
Standard Express Delivery
Complimentary shipping within Ireland & Northern of Ireland is available on orders over €50, delivery fees will be added according to the area of delivery, as described below:
|Country Zone||Under €50||Over €50||TimeFrame|
|Ireland||€4.99||Free!||3-7 working days|
|Northern Ireland||€4.99||Free!||3-7 working days|
|UK||€12.00||€15.00||3-7 working days|
|Europe||€17.00||€25.00||3-7 working days|
|USA & Canada||€35.00||€50.00||7-14 working days|
|Rest of the World||€50.00||€50.00||7-21 working days|
|Country Zone||Under €500||Above €500||TimeFrame|
|Ireland||€6.00||Free!||3-7 working days|
|Northern Ireland||€6.00||Free!||3-7 working days|
|UK||€12.00||Free!||3-7 working days|
• Click and collect orders are "free" as there is no shipping involved.
• If the order after discount is applied is below €50 or €500 (trade or School orders), shipping will be charged.
• EUA, Canada and Rest of the World shipping charges are for parcels with maximum weight of 2kg.
• These time frames are a guide and shipping times may vary, especially at busy periods.
• Please allow a few days leeway for personalised products or pre-orders.
• We are aware of some shipping delays throughout Europe and the USA caused by unforcing circusntances or territorial border control restrictions. This is out of our control. Please allow a few days leeway for your delivery.
• Subject to placing your order before 12:30pm. Does not apply to pre-ordered items.
• Check on our Delivery Policy page, the delivery areas. We do not deliver to Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.
The reflections on this text that is around 1,900 years old, will appeal to anyone interested in how one reader has come to read, enjoy and be inspired by John’s presentation of what it means to believe in Jesus Christ. It will evoke thoughts on how this Gospel is different to the others in that there are no ‘miracles’ in John, only ‘signs’. Seán Goan considers key moments in the Gospel?that shape the story?and offer insights into its?meaning.?These moments are: The Word; The Wine; The Woman; The Man; The Bread; The Light; The Life; The Supper; The Dying; The Rising.
Each chapter concludes with a personal reflection offered as an encouragement to the reader to engage with the Gospel text for personal enlightenment and guidance.?
Seán Goan is a Scripture scholar who has studied in Rome and Jerusalem. During his teaching career he has been very committed to adult faith development and has given courses and retreats on biblical topics in a wide variety of venues all around the country. In addition to his teaching and lecturing Seán has written commentaries on the Sunday readings as well as co-authoring a Religion textbook for secondary school students. He lives in Dublin and is married with three children.