Gambling Addiction in Ireland
Publisher: Veritas Publications
Click and Collect - Free
Click & Collect is available across Ireland and Northern Ireland in our Veritas stores. We will contact you when your item(s) are ready for collection. Please visit your branch after you receive contact from us that your items are available to collect. The order will be ready for you within 2-5 working days, subject to opening hours, order volumes, if the item is in stock and time order is placed.
Standard Express Delivery
Complimentary shipping within Ireland & Northern of Ireland is available on orders over €50, delivery fees will be added according to the area of delivery, as described below:
|Country Zone||Under €50||Over €50||TimeFrame|
|Ireland||€6.50||Free!||3-7 working days|
|Northern Ireland||€6.50||Free!||3-7 working days|
|UK||€12.00||€15.00||3-7 working days|
|Europe||€17.00||€25.00||3-7 working days|
|USA & Canada||€35.00||€50.00||7-14 working days|
|Rest of the World||€50.00||€50.00||7-21 working days|
|Country Zone||Under €500||Above €500||TimeFrame|
|Ireland||€6.00||Free!||3-7 working days|
|Northern Ireland||€6.00||Free!||3-7 working days|
|UK||€12.00||Free!||3-7 working days|
• Click and collect orders are "free" as there is no shipping involved.
• If the order after discount is applied is below €50 or €500 (trade or School orders), shipping will be charged.
• EUA, Canada and Rest of the World shipping charges are for parcels with maximum weight of 2kg.
• These time frames are a guide and shipping times may vary, especially at busy periods.
• Please allow a few days leeway for personalised products or pre-orders.
• We are aware of some shipping delays throughout Europe and the USA caused by unforcing circusntances or territorial border control restrictions. This is out of our control. Please allow a few days leeway for your delivery.
• Subject to placing your order before 12:30pm. Does not apply to pre-ordered items.
• Check on our Delivery Policy page, the delivery areas. We do not deliver to Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.
We live in a culture where gambling has been normalised, with bookmakers sponsoring major sporting events and an array of sophisticated betting websites and apps available at the touch of a button. Professor Colin O’Gara is one of Ireland’s leading specialists in the field of addiction treatment and, in his role as a consultant psychiatrist at St John of God Hospital, has seen at first hand the immense damage caused by problem gambling, both to individuals and their families.
Gambling Addiction in Ireland is an invaluable introduction to a problem often overlooked or downplayed by policymakers, and is essential reading for individuals with addiction and their families, as well as those who work in the area of regulation. In its pages, individuals and families will find a single source of information relating to gambling addiction and treatment in an Irish context.
Written in an accessible and pragmatic fashion, it explores the causes of problem gambling, its consequences for individuals, families and society, and the ways that problem gamblers can access treatment and rebuild their lives. Including real-world case studies and practical self-assessment tests, Gambling Addiction in Ireland is a compassionate, reassuring and immensely practical book that is an essential companion for those on the road to recovery and those taking their first tentative steps.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Colin O’Gara is Head of Addiction Services at St John of God Hospital in Dublin and Clinical Professor of Medicine & Medical Specialties at the School of Medicine, University College Dublin.
Expected arrival date: 5th July 2019