An Irish Guide to the Holy Land
Publisher: Columba Press
Click and Collect - Free
Click & Collect is available across Ireland and Northern Ireland in our Veritas stores. We will contact you when your item(s) are ready for collection. Please visit your branch after you receive contact from us that your items are available to collect. The order will be ready for you within 2-5 working days, subject to opening hours, order volumes, if the item is in stock and time order is placed.
Standard Express Delivery
Complimentary shipping within Ireland & Northern of Ireland is available on orders over €50, delivery fees will be added according to the area of delivery, as described below:
|Country Zone||Under €50||Over €50||TimeFrame|
|Ireland||€4.99||Free!||3-7 working days|
|Northern Ireland||€4.99||Free!||3-7 working days|
|UK||€12.00||€15.00||3-7 working days|
|Europe||€17.00||€25.00||3-7 working days|
|USA & Canada||€35.00||€50.00||7-14 working days|
|Rest of the World||€50.00||€50.00||7-21 working days|
|Country Zone||Under €500||Above €500||TimeFrame|
|Ireland||€6.50||Free!||3-7 working days|
|Northern Ireland||€6.50||Free!||3-7 working days|
• These time frames are a guide and shipping times may vary, especially at busy periods.
• Please allow a few days leeway for personalised products or pre-orders.
• We are aware of some shipping delays throughout Europe and the USA caused by unforcing circusntances or territorial border control restrictions. This is out of our control. Please allow a few days leeway for your delivery.
• Subject to placing your order before 12:30pm. Does not apply to pre-ordered items.
• Check on our Delivery Policy page, the delivery areas. We do not deliver to Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.
• The shipping cost will depend on the weight of your order and this will be calculated at checkout.
Michael Kelly has led more than a dozen pilgrimages to the Holy Land. In this unique guidebook, he will take readers to the sites associated with the earthly life of Christ from Bethlehem to Nazareth and the Sea of Galilee to Jerusalem.
Whether you are planning a trip to walk in the footsteps of Jesus, or simply want to deepen your understanding of faith this guide is indispensable. Along with enhancing readers’ appreciation for the Holy Land, the Gospel will come alive with vivid descriptions of the famous sites. As well as locations, there are chapters dedicated to the culture, food, wine and people that make up the fascinating mix that is the Holy Land today some 2,000 years after Christ walked the land.
The detailed maps will appeal to travellers to the region and also serve as an enchanting insight for armchair pilgrims with an interest in the area.
About the Author
Michael Kelly is an award-winning writer and broadcaster specialising in religious and social affairs. Born and raised in Northern Ireland, he attended the Pontifical University St Patrick’s College, Maynooth where he obtained degrees in philosophy and theology and the Pontifical University of the Holy Cross in Rome where he studied social institutional communications. He is Managing Editor of The Irish Catholic newspaper, a weekly columnist with The Irish Independent and a regular contributor to radio and TV current affairs programmes.
Michael Kelly has also published How to Defend the Faith Without Raising Your Voice (2018) with Columba Books.