Last Updated: 08th May, 2018
We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under 13. Where any such information is inadvertently collected, we will delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us here.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the information that you share with us, including:
- Personal Information: "Personal Information" is information that can personally identify you, such as your name, email address, telephone number and mailing address. We maintain one or more databases to store your Personal Information and may retain it as reasonably required to serve you and operate the Service. Personal Information that we collect depends on how you use the Service. Providing your Personal Information to us is your choice. If you choose not to provide us with certain Personal Information, you may not be able to take advantage of certain features of the Service; and
- General Technical Information: When you visit the Service, we may collect various categories of general technical information ("General Information"). General Information includes browser information, operating system information, device information, TCP-IP address and the date, time, length of stay and specific pages accessed during your visits to the Service. When you use the Service through your mobile device, we also collect device type and UUID, a unique identifier generated within the App, and store this information in log files. We use this information to provide you with the most up to date application and features, or, to the extent permitted under applicable law, to advertise or promote products or services to a specific device type]. We are also working closely with third parties such as analytics and marketing services providers, and may receive aggregated and anonymised data relevant to your demographic from them that we use to target advertising based upon your interests.
- General Information and Personal Information may be combined and/or linked to Third Party Information for the purposes described in more detail below.
A. REGISTERING FOR THE SERVICE
If you register to use the Service, we may collect Personal Information including your name, email address, and telephone number.
You may also register for the Service using another service, such as Facebook. If you create your Veritas account by connecting through another service, you are authorizing us to use public information from that connected account to help complete your Veritas profile. Please remember that the manner in which the service uses, stores, and discloses your information is governed solely by the policies of such service. We recommend that you review the terms and policies of that service, including its privacy and data gathering practices. Veritas shall have no liability or responsibility for the privacy practices or other actions of any third party service provider or any other third-party site or service that may be enabled within the Service. You may review, update, or modify your account information, including profile and contact information, at any time by logging into your Veritas account. You may also permanently delete your account or make any other requests relating to personal data by contacting us here.
B. ONLINE IDENTIFICATION TOOLS
Like many website providers, we use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and provide a better web experience. Your IP address is used to help identify you and your shopping cart and gather General Information.
C. THIRD PARTY FEATURES
D. THIRD-PARTY LINKS
We may provide links to third-party web sites that we do not own or control. We are not responsible for the information collection practices of any website that we do not own or control. We encourage you to review and understand the privacy practices of third-party websites before providing any information to or through them.
2. HOW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS USED, PROCESSED AND DISCLOSED
We may use your General Information and de-identified Personal Information to prepare anonymized, aggregated data about our users ("Anonymized Data"). We may provide third parties with Anonymized Data in describing the Service to prospective partners, advertisers and other third parties, and for all other lawful purposes. As communicated to third parties, the Anonymized Data does not include any information permitting the recipient to identify, locate or contact you.
A. THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
Veritas employs other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf, such as fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, serving ads on our behalf, providing search results and links, and processing credit card payments. These third-party service providers have access to Personal Information needed to perform their functions but may not use it for any other purpose.
B. ACQUISITION OF VERITAS
Information about customers is considered an asset of Veritas and, as such, may be transferred to another company in the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, sale of all or substantially all of its assets, or the sale of an individual website owned by us, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets or to a third party as a part of such merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale.
C. INFORMATION SHARING FOR MARKETING PURPOSES
To provide you with information about products and services that may be useful to you, we may partner with select reputable organizations whose privacy policies we believe are consistent with ours. Such organizations may include other retailers and magazine publishers. Through these arrangements, we may, share, exchange, cross-reference and/or rent your name and mailing address. If you do not want us to do this then you can let us know by emailing us at email@example.com.
D. BLOGS, REVIEWS AND FORUMS
The Service also may from time to time offer publicly-accessible blogs, customer reviews or forums. Any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected and used by others who access them. To request removal of your Personal Information from blogs, customer reviews or forums, please contact us here. Please note that in some cases we may be unable to remove your Personal Information.
E. INVITING OTHERS
You may choose to invite someone else to use the Service by providing his or her name and email address. You must ensure that you have permission from the individual before sharing their details with us. We may use this information to send invitations to such individuals on your behalf, to track the results of such invitation referrals, and to confirm qualifying orders attributable to your registered account. Anyone who receives an email invitation to use the Service may opt out of receiving such emails in the future by following the opt-out instructions in the email. We take commercially reasonable steps to implement all opt-out requests promptly, but those who opt out may still receive communications from us as we process the opt-out request, or as required for order processing and other purposes.
We may also use technologies, such as our own cookies, to provide you with personalised online display advertising tailored to your interests. To opt out of our cookies used for this online advertising, click here.
3. RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
4. ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND PREFERENCES
A. MODIFYING OR DELETING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you would like to modify or delete your Personal Information, please contact us here with clear instructions about what you would like to be modified or deleted. We will respond to your request promptly.
You have the right to access the information that we hold about you. Should you wish to receive details that we hold about you please contact us using the contact details under Section 8 below.
B. CHANGING YOUR SUBSCRIPTION PREFERENCES
If you tell us that you do not want us to use your Personal Information to contact you, Veritas will respect your wishes. If you are a registered user, you may change your preferences to receive or not to receive email or other communications from us by logging in to your account and indicating those preferences on the "My Account" section of our Service.
You may also instruct Veritas to stop sending you emails, newsletters or other information by following the 'unsubscribe' instructions provided in the email. Veritas may, however, continue to use your Personal Information to contact you to service your account or as otherwise authorized by law. Please note that if you use more than one name or e-mail address when communicating with Veritas or using the Service, you may continue to receive communications from Veritas to any name and/or email address not specified in your opt-out request.
5. SECURITY INFORMATION
We take every precaution to protect our users' information.
When you send sensitive information (such as your credit card number) to us via our order form, that information is encrypted and protected with SSL, the current industry-standard encryption protocol. When you are on such an SSL-protected page, a picture of a closed lock appears at the bottom or top of some Web browsers. At other times this lock appears open. Another way to tell if you are on a secure page is to look at the address or URL of the page. (Look in the address box or right-click on the page and select "Properties".) These secure SSL-encrypted pages have URLs that start with https:// instead of http://.
If you have any questions about security at our Web site, please contact us here.
6. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF DATA
VERITAS PUBLICATIONS LTD, 7-8 Lower Abbey Street, Dublin1, Co. Dublin, Ireland 01 878
Terms and Conditions of Use
The following terms govern the use of one or more of the following websites by you: veritas.ie and veritasbooksonline.com (any one being the "Site"). Terms which are specific to the use of any one Site are set out at the end of these terms and comprise part of them and are incorporated into them.
The information contained in this Site, including but not limited to the rules that govern the use of the Site, may be subject to change. Your use of the Site following any such change constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by the rules, as changed. Your confirmation of acceptance will be sought in respect of any changes which substantially affect your position under these terms.
All Site design, text, graphics, and the selection and arrangement thereof are Veritas Publications Ltd, all rights reserved, or in the case of product material, all text and graphics are Copyright protected by the original owner, all rights reserved. Permission is granted to you to copy electronically and to print in hard copy portions of this Site for the sole purpose of using this Site as an information resource (or of ordering goods or services and using this site as a shopping resource). Any other use of materials on this Site-including reproduction for purposes other than noted above, modification, distribution, or reproduction-without the prior written permission of veritas.ie or veritasbooksonline.com is strictly prohibited.
The Veritas.ie and Veritasbooksonline.com Site and Veritas mark and logo are service marks of Veritas Publications Ltd. All other trademarks, product names and company names or logos cited herein or on the Site are the property of their respective owners.
Links to Other Web Sites
Veritas makes no claim or representation, and accepts no responsibility, regarding the quality, nature, or reliability of the sites accessible by hyperlinks from this Site, or web sites linking to this Site.
Warranties and Disclaimers
Veritas intends for the information and data contained in the Site or provided via other channels, including but not limited to phone and email, to be accurate and reliable, however, since the information and data have been compiled from a variety of sources, it is provided "AS IS." You expressly agree that your use of this site is at your sole risk. Veritas, SOLELY TO THE EXTENT THAT ANY SUCH WARRANTIES CAN BE EXCLUDED IN ACCORDANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAW, EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND/OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO ANY MATTER WHATSOEVER RELATING TO OR REFERENCED BY THE THIS SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND/OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY OR SATISFACTORY QUALITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL VERITAS OR ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, SUBSIDIARIES, DISTRIBUTORS, AFFILIATES OR THIRD PARTIES PROVIDING INFORMATION ON THIS SITE OR VIA OTHER CHANNELS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PHONE AND EMAIL, BE LIABLE TO ANY USER OF THE SITE OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA OR LOSS OF USE) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE OR ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREON, WHETHER BASED UPON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF VERITAS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES, EXCEPT WHERE LIABILITY CANNOT BE EXCLUDED IN ACCORDANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAW.
You hereby acknowledge that the preceding paragraph shall apply to all content, merchandise and services available from Veritas through the Site or other channels.
The Site is operated by Veritas from its offices in Dublin, Ireland. These terms and any non-contractual obligations arising from them or in relation to them shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Ireland. The courts of the Republic of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction over all contractual and non-contractual disputes arising out of or in relation to these terms.
Veritas makes no representation that the information in the Site is appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to the Site from territories where the content of the Site may be illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access the Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
If you have any issue regarding a product or service you have bought from us, you can seek to settle the dispute out-of-court through an Alternative Dispute Resolution or Online Dispute Resolution (ADR / ODR) procedure. These procedures are an alternative to resolving disputes by arbitration or before a court and as such they are called Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR). When they are carried out online, they are called Online Dispute Resolution (ODR).
Resolving disputes through ADR/ODR, in general, is easier, faster and less expensive than resolving disputes before a court. Under the EU-wide ODR Regulation, the European Commission has established a European Online Dispute Resolution platform (ODR platform). The ODR platform is a web-based platform that is specifically designed to help consumers who have bought goods or services online and subsequently have a problem with that online purchase. It allows you to submit your contractual dispute and conduct the ADR procedure online and in any of the 23 official languages of the European Union.
The ODR platform is accessible here: http://ec.europa.eu/odr.
Registered Name: Veritas Publications Ltd
Registered at: VERITAS PUBLICATIONS LTD, 7-8 Lower Abbey Street, Dublin 1. Company Registration No.: xxxx
Veritas Gift Certificate Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions (the "Terms") apply to any Veritas.ie and Veritasbooksonline.com electronic gift certificate originally purchased by you or someone on your behalf (the "gift certificate") through the Veritas.ie or Veritasbooksonline.com web site or in store. Gift certificates are issued by Veritas Publications Ltd (referred to hereinafter as either "Veritas", "we", "us" or "our"). By purchasing a gift certificate, accepting and retaining a gift certificate, or using a gift certificate, you agree to these Terms.
- Gift cards are valid in the country and currency in which they were purchased. Gift cards purchased on Veritas.ie or Veritasbooksonline.com or in any of our stores in Ireland (click here to see stores) can be used interchangeably. Gift certificates cannot be used to purchase gift certificates or gift cards.
- Gift certificates are not redeemable for cash and cannot be returned for a cash refund, except to the extent required by law.
- Gift cards are not re-sellable, and gift card orders cannot be cancelled, updated or refunded.
- Use of the gift certificate is limited to the amount of funds held on the gift certificate. The full amount of each purchase, including taxes, will be deducted from the funds held on the gift certificate, up to the total funds available on the gift certificate. Any unused balance will be placed in the recipient's gift certificate account and is not transferable. If you make a purchase and there are insufficient funds held on the gift certificate to cover that purchase, you must pay the difference by a valid credit card or debit card. To the extent permitted by law, the original expiration date will apply to any unused balance.
- The risk of loss and title for gift certificates pass to the purchaser upon our electronic transmission to the purchaser. We are not responsible for and will not replace lost or stolen gift certificates. Protect your gift certificate as if it were cash and safeguard the gift certificate from authorized use.
- Veritas may provide gift certificate purchasers with information about the redemption status of gift certificates.
- Veritas reserves the right to change these Terms from time to time in its discretion. Such revised terms will be effective as to any gift certificates purchased after the date said revised Terms are posted to the Veritas web sites.
- Resale of a gift certificate or use for unauthorized advertising, marketing, sweepstakes or other promotional purposes is strictly prohibited. Your right to use the funds on the gift certificate is a limited right, subject to these Terms and applicable law. We are not responsible for pricing, typographical, or other errors, in any offer and reserve the right to cancel any orders resulting from such errors.
- If we suspect any fraud or misuse in connection with a gift certificate, we reserve the right in our discretion to suspend or terminate use of the gift certificate.
- The consideration paid for the gift certificate, including any unredeemed balances, is the property of the Veritas.
- If any one or more of the covenants, agreements, provisions or terms of these Terms shall be for any reason whatsoever held invalid, then such covenants, agreements, provisions or terms shall be deemed severable from the remaining covenants, agreements, provisions or terms of these Terms shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of the other provisions of these Terms.
- These Terms sets forth the entire understanding of the parties relating to the subject matter hereof, and all prior understandings, written or oral, are superseded by these Terms. All terms and conditions set forth herein are applicable to the extent permitted by law.
Becoming a Supplier
Interested In Being a Supplier?
The Internet has created a tremendous opportunity for manufacturers to drive additional revenue growth and reach a new and growing set of customers. For seven years, we have enabled our suppliers to successfully tap into this growth while working closely with them to protect and promote their brand, complement their existing retail channels and facilitate smooth logistics and communications flow. We understand the importance of flexibility and tailor our approach to meet our suppliers' specific needs.
We value our supplier relationships and believe these to be the key elements to fostering a successful partnership:
Commitment to Growth - Our goal is to rapidly grow revenues and become the top online channel partner for each of our suppliers. Our category teams' significant product expertise combined with our ongoing investment in online, email and traditional marketing, ensures maximum impact as we launch new suppliers' products.
Providing for Customer Service Excellence – Veritas’ ability to provide great customer service begins with our supplier's commitment to ship orders quickly, package products with care, provide accurate in-stock status and work with us to rapidly handle any issues that may arise.
Your Brand Integrity - Veritas is absolutely committed to helping its suppliers' brand flourish online. We collaborate with our suppliers to tell their products' stories the way they want them told. We are sensitive to our suppliers' desire to have a consistent value proposition and brand message across all of their retail outlets and we work closely to ensure our relationship is complementary to our suppliers' existing sales channels.
Flexibility and Ease - Each of our suppliers works closely with a Veritas category team that is highly proficient at taking the supplier though the entire process of: (1) establishing the relationship, (2) effectively merchandising the product, (3) driving growth and (4) providing excellent customer service. We understand that every supplier may have unique needs in areas of logistics, order flow, payments, returns, etc. and we try to tune our approach to match our suppliers' needs and to make the entire process as smooth and seamless as possible.
If you are interested in growing your business, please email us. We look forward to hearing from you.
Send Us Your Suggestions
Customer feedback is very important to us. We are always looking for ways to serve you better. We want you to become a lifelong shopper with Veritas.ie
Please email us.
Please contact us with any questions you have. We are here to serve you. We guarantee your satisfaction. On most items, we offer a 30 day return policy. Please see our return policy for specific information.
Thank you for your business.
If you would like to submit a Purchase Order, please fax it to 203 355 3157, or contact us:
VERITAS PUBLICATIONS LTD, 7-8 Lower Abbey Street, Dublin 1, Co. Dublin, Ireland
For media inquiries:
If you are a member of the media and have questions about the company or would like to feature us in your publication, please email Pamela McLoughlin at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to your request immediately.