Companion book to the YOUCAT Confirmation course. A rich source of ideas for group leaders, catechists, teachers and parents. Theologically based with detailed lesson plans & supplementary material.
The course is made up of 12 key steps or lessons:
1. Getting Started
2. What We Can Know about God
3. Why the World Is Broken
4. Jesus—More than a Mere Man
5. Why Did Jesus Have to Die?
6. The Comeback of Jesus...or the Story of the Resurrection
7. In Search of the Holy Spirit
8. Prayer - Staying in Touch with the Living God
9. The Church - a Home for You and Me
10. Eucharist—the Generosity of God
11. Update! Confession!
12. What Happens in Confirmation?
Each of the twelve topics has an introduction providing the theological background to the lesson followed by a choice of multi level lesson plans to suit your group’s age and ability – each accompanied with a summary of important theological points. A range of materials for each lesson is also available at the end of each chapter.
The text is thoroughly cross referenced to scripture and the YouCat Catechism itself. The Handbook provides catechists with a wealth of background information, ideas and supporting materials.
This is an ideal Confirmation programme for a parish that wants something fresh and easily decipherable. It is theologically sound and fits in with the YouCat and the YouCat Prayer Book’s slick, colourful and vibrant look that young people so enjoy.
It’s highly adaptable as well, with plenty of background ideas and ways of putting your own spin on things. An excellent resource, I highly recommend it.
- John Quinn, Youth Minister, Sacred Heart Church, Wimbledon