The NRSV Daily Bible helps you read and pray through the entire Bible in one year. now you can seamlessly integrate Scripture into your day, making reading through the Bible simpler and more meaningful.
Each of the 365 daily Bible readings is accompanied by a thought-provoking excerpt from a Christian spiritual classic. With these useful aids, readers will more easily find the motivation for setting aside time each day to read, meditate, contemplate, and pray the Bible from start to finish.
Key features of this Bible include:
- A daily reading plan that can be started at any time during the year
- Readings that take only ten minutes per day
- Wisdom from the classic writings of Christian luminaries such as Mother Teresa, Henri Nouwen, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, and Frederick Buechner
- Individual book introductions to aid in the practice of prayerful reading
- The New Revised Standard Version text—the most trusted, accepted, and accurate translation of the Bible on the market
The New Revised Standard Version is the translation used by mainline Protestant, orthodox, and Catholic churches. The NRSV is recognized in scholarly circles as the most accurate translation into English of the original Hebrew and Greek texts. in the tradition of its predecessors, the King James Version and the Revised Standard Version, the NRSV was designed to be the standard version for English speaking people across all denominations, which in many ways it has become.
Fabulous! . . . Make this book your New Year’s resolution for 2013!”
- The Dubious Disciple