In this new, expanded edition of his bestseller the 911 Handbook, Kent Crockett has improved an already terrific book. A virtual spiritual survival guide, Slaying Your Giants tackles twenty common problems that can become Goliaths in our lives and provides simple Biblical step-by-step methods of conquering each one.
- Hopelessness--One in a Billion
- Fear--How's Your Nervous System?
- Discontentment--May I Change Seats, Please?
- Doubt--Without a Doubt
- Temptation--Adam and Eve's Instruction Manual
- Unforgiveness--Who is in Your Dungeon?
- Guilt--Canceling Guilt Trips
- Change--Breaking Out of Comfort Zones
- Worry--The Movies in Your Mind
- Self-Image--I Love Me, I Love Me Not
- Pessimism--Treasure Hunting
- Anger--Anger Management
- Rejection--The Angel in the Marble
- Impatience--God's Waiting Room
- Burdens--Check Your Baggage Here
- Depression--Singing in the Dark
- Envy--The Possession Obsession
- Jealousy--A Sneaking Suspicion
- Discouragement--The End of Your Rope
- Death--Scared to Death
Includes discussion questions for each topic for small group use.
Kent Crockett graduated from Texas A&M University and Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. He is a pastor and the author of several books including Making Today Count for Eternity and 10 Secrets to Lifes Biggest Challenges.