Youre concerned about care of Creation, and you want to help. Start by greening your church!
This little handbook takes you, step by step, through the process of making your church more environmentally friendly.
Areas of focus include:
- The Resurrected Life: Recycling
- Let There Be Light: Lighting
- Praise the Lord: Worship
- Jesus Saves: Electricity and Energy Efficiency
- To Everything There is a Season: Heating and Cooling
- The Wells of Salvation: Water
- Train Up a Child: Christian Education
- What Would Jesus Drive: Vehicles and Travel
- Bread of Life: The Kitchen
- Gifts of Administration: The Office
- Go and Do Likewise: Missions
- The Gardener of Eden: Grounds
Rebekah Simon-Peter, an ordained United Methodist pastor with a degree in Environmental Studies, worked as an acid rain researcher and volunteer naturalist before receiving her call to ministry. After more than a decade of pastoring churches, she is now a sought-after presenter, sharing the Ã¢â‚¬Å“greenÃ¢â‚¬Â gospel with churches, interfaith groups, and community groups. She lives in Rawlins, Wyoming, where she is the director of BridgeWorks, a ministry that specializes in building bridges of understanding.