Do you find yourself struggling with a particular sin or dysfunction over and over again? Do you feel hopeless in finding freedom despite your best efforts? Do you still feel guilty, ashamed, and doomed to repeat a besetting sin, even after receiving the sacrament of Reconciliation?
In Resisting the Devil, author Neal Lozano shows that sometimes evil spirits tell us lies that lock us into sins and personal problems. He explains the practice of deliverance, a way of dealing with such demonic influences that is supported by the teaching and tradition of the Catholic Church. Lozanos "Unbound" Model, based on three decades of experience in deliverance ministry, builds a bridge between the sacrament of Reconciliation and exorcism. People only very rarely need exorcism.
Readers of Resisting the Devil: A Catholic Perspective on Deliverance will
- Learn how to recognize the activity of evil spirits
- See how deliverance from spiritual bondage can be gentle, safe, and effective
- Understand how deliverance differs from exorcism and how deliverance and Reconciliation can work together
- Read the testimonies of women and men who have been freed through deliverance ministry
Resisting the Devil is a thoughtful work that facilitates a balanced dialogue between deliverance ministry and the Churchs rite of exorcism. I warmly recommend this book to anyone journeying with individuals variously afflicted by the Evil One.
- Rev. Jeffrey S. Grob, Associate Vicar for Canonical Services for the Archdiocese of Chicago