RELIGION BOOK 3
- Designed for the Junior Certificate Religious Education Syllabus. Suitable for Key Stage 3, UK.
- Comprises 35 complete lesson plans.
- Follows the structure of Section E and F of the syllabus.
- Employs a language level accessible to students of all abilities.
- Suitable for students whether or not they are taking the state examination.
- Contains a useful review of Sections A, B, C, D and E* for examination purposes.
THE RELIGION FOR LIVING PROCESS
A highly structured methodology underpins each lesson in Religion Book 3.
- The objectives of each lesson are simply and explicitly stated for the student.
- Key concepts are highlighted.
- Exercises: A variety of active learning strategies access students prior i knowledge and personal experience of a topic. Step by step instructions direct each activity. Stimulus questions guide student responses orally and in writing.
- Content: composed in short simply structured sentences, scripted at an accessible reading level and printed in a larger typeface.
4. Knowledge Section
- Questions: Lower order questions test for comprehension of factual content.
5. Understanding Section
- Questions: higher order questions test for analysis, synthesis and evaluation.
JUNIOR CERTIFICATE RELIGIOUS EDUCATION SYLLABUS
Religion Book 1
Section A - Communities of Faith
Section B - Foundations of Religion - Christianity
Religion Book 2
Section C - Foundations of Religion - Judaism; Islam; Buddhism; Hinduism.
Section D - The Question of Faith
Section E - Celebration of Faith *(Judaism; Islam; Buddhism; Hinduism)
Religion Book 3
Section E - Celebration of Faith (Christianity)
Section F - The Moral Challenge.
Connie Duffy M.Ed., B.Sc.(Hons.), Dip.ReI.Ed.
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Married with two children.
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Teacher of Religious Education, Castleknock Community College, Dublin.
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Formerly Diocesan Adviser for Religious Education, Archdiocese of Dublin.
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Previous titles include:
The Religion for Living Series (Workbooks 1, 2 and 3.)
Celtic Spirituality - Transition Year Resource Directory. The New Religion for Living Series
(Religion Book 1, Religion Book 2, Religion Book 3, and the Single Volume Edition.)