Hear Christ speak to you like never before.
My Daily Bread is a series of short, daily reflections on the spiritual life. Written with loving care by Father Anthony Paone, this devotional will strengthen your love for Christ and his teachings.
Written as a dialogue with Christ himself, Father Paone leads the reader through the three ways of the spiritual life: Purification, Imitation, and Union.
Arranged for daily reflection, this pocket-sized book is an indispensible guide to the spiritual life. My Daily Bread overflows with reflections and prayers specifically designed to help you grow in the spiritual life and overcome failings, including:
• How to cultivate, recognize, and follow your conscience (p. 18)
• A contemplation of the Four Last Things that will help keep our focus on the eternal (p.25)
• The power of prayer as the first remedy to temptation (p. 99)
• A detailed guide on how to conquer a host of bad habits (p. 153)
• How to overcome our fear of suffering and instead embrace it as Christ embraced it (p. 203)
• How to live for Christ daily through spiritual reading, prayer, overcoming distractions, and cultivating devotions
• Achieving union with Christ through the Eucharist (p. 382)
• And much more…
Each daily reflection begins with Jesus speaking directly to you, kindly, patiently, and with great love. The next part of the reflection asks you to consider the truths presented in the words of Jesus. The final part consists of a prayer asking for God for the help to receive His wisdom and use it fruitfully in your life.
With more than one million copies sold, My Daily Bread is a true Christian classic. It's simple, yet carefully crafted daily reflections have led thousands to a drastically improved interior life and a deeper love for Christ.
A portion of the proceeds from every purchase of this Confraternity of the Precious Blood title go directly to The Sisters Adorers of the Precious Blood in Brooklyn, NY to support them in their vocation.
Father Anthony Paone, S.J. was a priest with the Confraternity of the Precious Blood and a beloved teacher at the renowned Brooklyn Preparatory Academy. He wrote two of the most remarkable Christian books in the modern era: My Daily Bread and My Daily Life.