Confused about which Bible to choose? – Bewildered by all the different choices? Here is a Bible tailor-made for every Catholic. It will lead you through the exact same English texts that the Church uses at each Mass, with brand-new notes and introductions edited by Vatican expert Dom Henry Wansbrough OSB. CTS has created four carefully thought-out editions to suit every need and budget. This one is the most affordable edition in a handy compact size. Contains full text and notes, and is identical in contents to the standard edition.
What’s New in the New Catholic Bible Alongside the Jerusalem and Grail translations authorised by the Vatican for use in the Liturgy:
- New specially commissioned introductions, one for each book, giving the biblical and historical context
- New specially commissioned liturgical introductions placing each book of the Bible in the Church’s liturgical year
- New footnotes following the latest scholarship
- New marginal references helping you get the most out of each passage.
- New layout – using clear and modern fonts in easy-to-read single-column format
- New text alterations, replacing the word ‘Yahweh’ with ‘the LORD’ as requested by Benedict XVI for all new Bibles
- New directories of references for readings used in the Mass and the Liturgy of the Hours, including the fuller two-year cycle for the Breviary.
Text sizes in this edition:6.75 pt text (5 pt for footnotes)