Featuring attractive edge-stitching, this volume is a pleasure to hold, carry and use, being both light and durable.
Alongside the Jerusalem and Grail translations authorised for use in the Liturgy, you will find:
- Specially commissioned introductions, one for each book, giving the biblical and historical context
- Specially commissioned liturgical introductions placing each book of the Bible in the Church’s liturgical year
- Footnotes following the latest scholarship.Marginal references helping you get the most out of each passage
- New text alterations, replacing the word ‘Yahweh’ with ‘the LORD’ as requested by Benedict XVI for all new Bibles
- New directories of references for readings used in the Mass and the Liturgy of the Hours, including the fuller two-year cycle for the Breviary
- Two placeholding ribbons.
Text sizes in this edition: 6.75pt text (5pt for footnotes).