Amazing Grace for Fathers celebrates the power of fatherhood, and that power is love. The love of our fathers on earth reflects the infinite love of God, our heavenly Father, from which all fatherly guidance, discipline, and protection flows. The powerful stories in this book show just how deep a father's love is for his children, particularly when he lives in and is strengthened by God's grace. Here, you will find support and inspiration for your own fatherhood.
In this book, you will meet:
- A young boy suffering intense pain who finds peace and comfort in the hands of his father.
- A loving father who literally comes back from the dead after suffering fatal injuries.
- A surrogate father who makes a big difference in the life of an angry and troubled boy.
- A father who provides a birthday present for his little girl after his death through a series of divine coincidences.
- A young man who heroically saves the life of another because of the wisdom handed down to him by his own father.
- Two fathers who, unable to provide for their families, turn to God and see His fatherly protection take care of them.
Jeff Cavins is recognized both nationally and internationally as an exciting public speaker who has a deep love for Jesus Christ and who communicates his zeal with clarity and enthusiasm. After twelve years as a Protestant pastor, Jeff Cavins returned to the Catholic Church under the guidance of Bishop Paul Dudley.
Cavins received his MA in Theology from Franciscan University of Steubenville with Catechetical Certification. Prior to that, Jeff received a BA with honors in Humanities from Antioch University, Yellow Springs, Ohio and then went on to receive Bible training from Christ for the Nations Institute, Dallas, Texas and the Institute of Ministry, Bradenton, Florida. Cavins also graduated from Brown Institute, Minneapolis, Minnesota, a school for radio and television broadcasting.Jeff is the editor and writer of Catholic Scripture Study, along with Dr. Scott Hahn, Mark Shea and others. It is available weekly online through CatholicExchange.com, a non-profit website for Catholics, and also in workbook form. Dr. Scott Hahn and Jeff Cavins also taped a thirteen-week one-hour series entitled Ã¢â‚¬Å“Our FatherÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Plan.Ã¢â‚¬Â The format of the show is a journey through the historical periods of the Bible and is currently shown on Eternal Word Television Network (EWTN).
Matthew Pinto, Author of Did Adam & Eve Have Belly Buttons? and Friendly Defenders Catholic Flash Cards, Co-editor of Amazing Grace for Those Who Suffer and Amazing Grace for the Catholic Heart.
Patti Maguire Armstrong