In this DVD series Jeff Cavins provides comprehensive teaching and commentary on the book of Acts.
Each 50-55 minute talk is designed to follow a lesson in the Acts Study Set.
Acts: The Spread of the Kingdom, builds on The Bible Timeline and Matthew by showing how the Church, the Kingdom of Heaven on earth, is empowered by the Holy Spirit to continue the work of Christ. The book of Acts shows the Church teaching, preaching, healing, and restoring outcasts in the same way that Jesus did. It follows the journeys of the apostles as they preach the Good News and expand the Kingdom of Heaven throughout the earth. Acts provides an historic framework for understanding the rest of the New Testament. Paul’s letters in particular come alive in a new way when they are read within the context of the Acts narrative.
Acts: The Spread of the Kingdom has been granted the Imprimatur by Justin Cardinal Rigali, Archbishop of Philadelphia.
Your Bible study group will:
- See how the Gospel witness spread outward in waves, from Jerusalem to Judea and Samaria, and finally to the ends of the earth.
- Share with the early Christians the joys and struggles of living the life of Christ, and learn how these apply to us today.
- See how the Holy Spirit guided the apostles into Truth.
- Observe the way the Spirit-filled Church adapted to new cultures when proclaiming the Gospel.Watch the seeds of Church structure and authority take root, and see how conflicts were resolved even at that early stage.
- See your place in Christ’s Church, and how you should live day-to-day as a disciple of Christ.
Jeff Cavins is recognized both nationally and internationally as an exciting public speaker who has a deep love for Jesus Christ and who communicates his zeal with clarity and enthusiasm. After twelve years as a Protestant pastor, Jeff Cavins returned to the Catholic Church under the guidance of Bishop Paul Dudley.
Cavins received his MA in Theology from Franciscan University of Steubenville with Catechetical Certification. Prior to that, Jeff received a BA with honors in Humanities from Antioch University, Yellow Springs, Ohio and then went on to receive Bible training from Christ for the Nations Institute, Dallas, Texas and the Institute of Ministry, Bradenton, Florida. Cavins also graduated from Brown Institute, Minneapolis, Minnesota, a school for radio and television broadcasting.Jeff is the editor and writer of Catholic Scripture Study, along with Dr. Scott Hahn, Mark Shea and others. It is available weekly online through CatholicExchange.com, a non-profit website for Catholics, and also in workbook form. Dr. Scott Hahn and Jeff Cavins also taped a thirteen-week one-hour series entitled Ã¢â‚¬Å“Our FatherÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Plan.Ã¢â‚¬Â The format of the show is a journey through the historical periods of the Bible and is currently shown on Eternal Word Television Network (EWTN).