An inspiring spiritual companion for all seasons.
In this unique collection, nearly a hundred prominent men and women from every religious tradition and region of the world share a favorite prayer and offer their own reflections on its meaning.
The contributors include Nobel Peace Prize winners Lech Walesa of Poland, Mairead Corrigan of Ireland, Nelson Mandela and Desmond Tutu of South Africa, as well as the Dalai Lama, Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams, Rabbi Jacqueline Tabick, theologian Hans Küng, and well-loved spiritual writers Richard Rohr and Joan Chittister. Artists and musicians such as Pete Seeger and Yusuf Islam are also included, along with many more who share prayers and reflections sure to resonate with readers of all faiths.
The prayers include classic and familiar texts from every religious tradition. But some of the selections are surprisingly personal, offering a glimpse into the heart of many great souls of our time.
Rosalind Bradley has edited Mosaic: Favorite Prayers and Reflections from Inspiring Australians (HarperCollins Australia, 2008). A native of the U.K., she has lived in Australia for the past 25 years., and is a member of an interfaith initiative called Companions in Dialogue. She lives in Sydney with her husband and three children.
This inspiring spiritual companion for all seasons includes the favorite prayers and reflections of:
- Nobel Peace laureates Lech Walesa of Poland, Mairead Corrigan of Ireland, Nelson Mandela and Desmond Tutu of South Africa....
- The XIV Dalai Lama, the Archbishop of Canterbury, His All. Holiness Bartholomew, Rabbi Jacqueline 'I'abiclc, and B.K.S. Iyengar.. . .
- Scholars Hans Kung, Huston Smith, Joanna Macy, and Tariq Ramadan....
- Well-loved spiritual writers Joan Chittister and Richard Rohr....
- Activists Swarni Agnivesh, John Dear, and Elizabeth May....
- Artists and musicians Pete Seeger, Paulus 13erensohn, and Yusuf Islam....
and many others whose favorite prayers and reflections are sure to resonate with readers of all faiths.